Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Office of Emergency Management is responsible for reviewing and approving a growing number of Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans (CEMP) for licensed healthcare facilities in the County including:
- Adult day cares
- Assisted living facilities
- Nursing homes
- Surgical centers
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Transitional Living Facilities
The facilities are required by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to have an approved CEMP to renew their license annually. Florida Statute 252, the Florida Administrative Code, County requirements, and the AHCA Planning Criteria are utilized to support the approval of plans.
Facilities are required to submit their proof of compliance with the Governor's rule to Hillsborough County Office of Emergency Management Agency for review and approval. To comply with the new rule, please submit the applicable criteria along with your Emergency Power Plan (EPP) addendum to your facility CEMP. Here you can complete the planning criteria, upload your CEMP plan and your Emergency Power Plan addendum to your facility CEMP.
What you will need
- A complete CEMP - you must include either:
- the AHCA Criteria for your facility type or
- the AHCA criteria with page numbers indicating where the information can be found within the plan
- If you do not have a completed CEMP, download the CEMP template for your facility: (Note: The Emergency Power Plan criteria is included in the Assisted Living Facility and Nursing Home CEMP Criteria Documents.)
- Current Approval Letter or Signed Stamp for your Fire Safety Plan from the Fire Marshal's office
- This differs from the Facility Inspection conducted by the Fire Department
- Your Facility Inspection Report is not acceptable evidence of your Fire Safety Plan being approved
- FLHealthSTAT Information
- On July 1, 2017, FLHealthSTAT replaced EMResource as the online database
- All existing EMResource user accounts have been transferred into FLHealthSTAT
- For informational materials concerning FLHealthSTAT, please do one of the following:
- Adult Day Cares and Surgical Centers are not required to register with FLHealthSTAT
- Updated mutual aid agreements with signatures and current dates
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Governor's New Rule.
Once your submission is received, a letter of receipt will be issued once the reviewer has deemed the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan complete with all requirements for review. If the requirements for submission are met, a letter of receipt will be issued. If the plan is missing documentation, a deficient / need more information to complete letter will be provided. You have 30 days to submit corrections.
Once the final review is complete and it has been determined your plan meets the criteria, you will receive an invoice letter with pay online instructions.
Once you complete the payment online, submit the payment confirmation to us by email so that your approval letter may be released. See Fee Structure for Plan review.
Questions about plan submission or the review process, email David Paloff or call (813) 635-7331 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- How to Write A CEMP Quick Reference Guide (English & Spanish)
- For permitting of generators, an Engineer's Certification is required- identify engineers licensed within the State of Florida.