Which pets need to get a tag?
We require registration tags if your pet meets the following criteria:
- Lives with you in Hillsborough County
- Is 4 months of age or older
- Is a dog, cat or ferret
Ways to get a tag
- From a veterinarian - All veterinary clinics in Hillsborough County are required to make the County tag available at their location
- In person at the Pet Resource Center. Visit the PRC at 440 N. Falkenburg Road in Tampa with your up-to-date rabies certificate
- By mail. Mail in a copy of the rabies certificate your vet gives you along with a check (no cash please) made payable to BOCC to:
Pet Resource Center
440 N. Falkenburg Rd.
Tampa, FL 33619
|Spayed/Neutered Cat or Dog||$20 ($5 for residents 62 and older)|
|Non-Sterilized Cat or Dog||$40 ($25 for residents 62 and older)|
Renewing your pet registration tag
A pet's registration tag must be renewed every year. To renew you will need the original tag receipt and/or pet's rabies certificate. The renewal fee is $5.
You can renew your pet's tag two ways:
- In person at the PRC Tuesday through Sunday between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- By mail. Send copies of documents and a check payable to BOCC to the Pet Resource Center at 440 N. Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619. PRC will mail your new tag back to your home address once processed.
Updating pet registration tag information
- Call Pet Resource Center at (813) 744-5660 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday.
- Submit a request through At Your Service that includes your pet's tag information and updated information.