Hillsborough County is replacing the existing functionally obsolete bridge on East Keysville Road over the Alafia River in Lithia. The existing bridge will be demolished and a new bridge of similar length will be constructed at the same location. The new bridge will have modern safety features, such as road shoulders or bike lanes, sidewalks, and concrete traffic barriers.
What to expect
- Construction will take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The work will involve heavy equipment, pile driving, and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise.
- Motorists should follow the signs and utilize the Porter Road/George Smith Road detour around the construction site.
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem. Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued.
- Access to residences adjacent to the bridge will be maintained throughout construction.
Cost and funding
The $2 million project is being funded with Ad Valorem Transportation, Constitutional Fuel Tax, and Community Investment Tax (CIT) funds.
Construction is expected to be completed by October 2019.
Project Manager – Chris Bridges, Public Works Department, (813) 635-5400