The North Gibsonton Water Main Replacement Project is part of a multi-year program to improve fire protection and replace aging water main systems in older established neighborhoods that need new piping and don't have a sufficient amount of fire hydrants per current development codes. Nearly six and a half miles of new 12-inch and 6-inch water pipelines will be constructed along Riverview Drive and connecting roads and will support 66 new fire hydrants as part of this project. Approximate construction boundaries along Riverview Drive: US-41 on the west, I-75 on the east, the Alafia River on the south and dead-end streets running north from Riverview Drive.
Purpose and Need for the Project
This project has combined the Fire Protection Improvement master Program with Capital Improvement Program funding to replace older existing water mains and bring neighborhoods' fire protection standards up to current codes.
What To Expect During Construction
- Construction will take place on weekdays between 8 AM to 5 PM
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to businesses and homes will be maintained throughout construction
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary
- For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- Most construction will be in the right of way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval
- All areas affected by the construction will be restored
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem
- Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued
Project Cost & Funding
The $5.4 Million project is being funded through the Enterprise's Capital Improvement Program.
- Construction expected to start - Summer 2018
- Construction expected to complete - Within 365 days of start date
- Customer Service & Support: (813) 272-5275
- After-Hour Emergencies: Hillsborough County Public Utilities, (813) 744-5600
- Project Manager: Mark Dillman, Public Utilities, (813) 209-3058
- Engineering Design & Construction Inspection Firm: Metzger & Willard Inc., (813) 977-6005