The project will include acquisition of approximately 1.85 acres of property to be added to the existing Veterans Memorial Park.
Purpose and Need for the Project:
The project will provide site improvements including additional parking and, second ingress/egress vehicular access for special events.
Project Cost & Funding:
The proposed $450,000 project will be included within the existing Veterans Memorial Park Capital Improvement Project and will be funded from two sources as follows:
- State of Florida Department of Economic Development grant awarded to County in 2017-2018 legislative session
- $250,000 for land purchase, part of a $388,000 grant that includes Veterans Resource Center enhancements, pending budget amendment
- County Parks Impact Fee Program funding
- $200,000 for site improvements, part of $560,000 in additional funds recommended for 2018 CIP
- Estimated acquisition of property, October 2017 (if acquisition is approved)
- Estimated design, October 2017 – June 2018
- Estimated construction, June 2018 - December 2018
- Project Manager – Chris Postiglione, Real Estate & Facilities Services Department, (813) 273-3769
- Program Manager – Bill Hand, Real Estate & Facilities Services Department, (813) 307-1034
What to Expect During Construction
No interruptions to park activities are anticipated during planned construction.
Purpose of the Public Meeting:
Hillsborough County residents can learn about a proposal to increase parking availability at Veterans Park and Rear Admiral LeRoy Collins, Jr. Veterans Museum during a public meeting on Thursday, July 27. Hosted by Hillsborough County Real Estate and Facilities Services, the meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the museum, 3602 Highway 301 N in Tampa.