Head Start / Early Head Start
The Head Start program is available for children from low-income families between 0-5 years old, including those with special needs. Early Head Start is for children 0-4; Head Start is for children 4-5 years old.
- Applicants must meet certain income guidelines per the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Applicants must be working at least 20 hours per week; or be enrolled in school or a job training program
Things To Consider
There is no cost to the parent
- Classrooms have an excellent teacher to child ratio: 1 teacher to 10 children in Head Start; and 1 caregiver to 4 infants/toddlers in Early Head Start
- Staff members screen children to determine their overall level of development, and make ongoing assessments to monitor each child's progress
- Each child is provided with experiences that maximize his or her total development
- Head Start and Early Head Start is available to children with special needs
A representative from your closest Head Start location will contact you by phone or letter regarding your application and availability.