Apply for Door to Door Transportation
The Sunshine Line provides door-to-door transportation for elderly, people with disabilities, or low-income residents who do not have, or can’t afford their own transportation. Transportation is provided primarily to medical appointments, adult day care services, and nutrition sites. Non-medical trips are provided on a space-available basis.
A fee is charged for some trips. Fees are determined on a sliding scale based on income and range from no fee to $5 per trip.
Eligibility is based on:
- Available transportation
- Where transportation is needed
Things To Consider
- You can make reservations Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- They can be made up to seven days in advance
- Must be made no less than two days in advance
- Return trips are scheduled when you make your trip reservation
- All vehicles are wheelchair accessible
- We are unable to transport wheelchairs:
- larger than 30" wide by 48" long when measured 2" from the ground
- that weigh more than 600 pounds when occupied
- Transportation is provided to the nearest location available
- Drivers will not go inside buildings to find you
- Drivers will offer assistance to and from the building, and into the vehicle, including assisting with the seat belt, and securing wheelchairs
- Changes to return times will be accepted only if possible
1. To apply, call (813) 272-7272 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. You’ll need to provide the following:
- Address and telephone number
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Disability type
- Household income