1. Complete an application at a local Community Resource Center.
When applying for assistance, bring all necessary documentation to expedite your eligibility determination.
The following documentation is required:
- Social Security number verification for each household member
- Two items showing verification of Hillsborough County residency:
- Valid driver's license with current address
- Letter or current lease from your landlord or mortgage company
- Hillsborough County voter registration card
- Public utility bill with Hillsborough County address
- Vehicle registration with a Hillsborough County address
- Current public school enrollment in Hillsborough County
Picture identification for all adults in the household
Verification of gross income for all household members for the last 30 days, such as: paycheck stub, employer letter, award letter for public assistance, Social Security income verification, unemployment benefits letter, or pension check stub
Verification of home energy obligation
2. If you think you qualify for assistance, contact your local Community Resource Center
to schedule an appointment.