Reserve Responders join the crews of Hillsborough County Fire Rescue on fire and medical calls while maintaining certifications and working towards employment with fire rescue.
As a Reserve Responder you will enjoy a sense of accomplishment, achievement, and pride in the work that you do. In addition, Reserves get to learn new skills, become part of a team, gain points towards employment, and give back to their community.
Bunker gear, uniforms and training will be provided at no cost. Reserve Responders are required to volunteer a minimum of 24 hours per month at their assigned station and 24 hours per year in fire safety education / community service.
Candidates interested in the Reserve Responder program must:
- Complete an application
- Possess and maintain a valid state of Florida Firefighter II certificate of compliance
- Possess and maintain valid state of Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and/or Paramedic (EMT-P ) certification
- Possess and maintain a valid state of Florida Driver’s License
- Successfully complete a Firefighter Fit for Duty physical exam
- Pass initial drug and tobacco screen as well submit to future random screening
- Sign release for review of criminal background and driving record
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue will assume all costs for physicals, background / driver’s record check, and drug screening. Candidate is responsible for the cost of maintaining a valid fire and medical certification.