Apply for Demolition of a Well or Septic System


Jump to:



If you want to demolish your well or septic system we need to review and approve the demolition, as it will alter the use of utility services or will create additional demands on them.


  • After the review, you may have to pay some fees prior to use of utility services or before we can issue a certificate of occupancy for additional units
    • If you are adding an additional single-family attached or detached accessory dwelling, you can calculate the unit fees with the Residential Calculator

How To

  1. Gather the following:
    • Current utility account number
    • Folio number and address of existing structure
  2. Complete the application
  3. Email all of the above to the Public Utilities department and include the following:
    • Subject: Demolition Residential Structure (Well and/or Septic)
    • Your name and daytime telephone number
    • Indicate if you are keeping the potable meter and connection for re-development

What's Next

You may also need tsome or all of the following prior to the use of utility services and/or occupancy of structure(s) or additional unit(s):

  • County regulatory approvals
  • Permits
  • Building/utility fee payments
  • Deposits
  • Backflow requirements

Get Help

(813) 272-5977

Get Started