The City of Tampa and Temple Terrace have joined forces with Hillsborough County to provide their residents with year-round disposal service of:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Household Electronics and Paint
Household Hazardous Waste
Materials accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers include household products containing hazardous ingredients and labeled with words such as poison, danger, toxic, flammable, corrosive and reactive.
Household Hazardous Waste collections are scheduled between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.:
- 1st Saturday of the month
- 2nd Saturday of the month
- 3rd Saturday of the month
Household Electronics and Paint
Household electronics and paint collection services
- Days & Times
- Monday through Saturday
- 7:30 a.m. to 5: p.m. for hand-unloading customers
- 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for customers with automatic dump trailers
Household Paint Items
- Limit 10 one-gallon and 5 five-gallon containers per month (regardless of amount of paint in each container)
- Containers must be sealed and not leaking
- Aerosol cans are not accepted
What to Know Before You Go
Tampa and Temple Terrace residents can take advantage of this service at Hillsborough County collection facilities for no additional charge by providing a valid driver's license as proof of City residency.
Important Note: For City of Tampa and Temple Terrace residents, only household hazardous waste and electronics recycling will be accepted at these locations. Contact your City solid waste provider for disposal options for other materials such as wood, furniture, construction debris, and household garbage.
Not sure if you’re a city or county resident?
Check your bill.
City residents pay solid waste collection and disposal fees to their local government on a utility bill.
County residents pay for solid waste collection and disposal fees to Hillsborough County as an annual assessment on their property tax bill.