- Contact friends and family members to assist in sheltering your pet in the event of a disaster. Make plans ahead of time.
- Make a list of boarding facilities, veterinarians and other pet friendly lodging that is on your evacuation route.
- FEMA information for pet owners
- See the County's Stay Safe page for updated Shelter information
What to Bring during an Evacuation
- Proof of current rabies vaccination and registration tag
- Sturdy carrier
- Supplies (food, medications, toys, comfort items etc.) to sustain your pet for the duration of the emergency
For details on how farmers and ranchers can prepare for a hurricane, see the UF/IFAS Extension website.