Spring Break - Have Fun!
Still looking for something for your children or teens to do during spring break?
Hillsborough County's public schools are closed the week of March 12-16. What's your plan?
Here are five possibilities:
- Register for Spring Break - Parks & Recreation provides a safe, fun, supervised environment for children and teens at recreation centers. The cost? Just $38 for the entire week.
- Take an excursion to the Manatee Viewing Center near Apollo Beach. There's plenty to see, including the Center's namesake annual guests, casually lurking in a discharge canal next to a Tampa Electric Co. power plant.
- Hillsborough County has dozens of parks and conservation lands. There's something for everyone. Take a dip in cool Lithia Springs, get sand between your toes at Apollo Beach, or pick your trail - smooth, steep, or something in-between - for a bicycle ride. The weather's great in March, and there are plenty of options for outdoor adventures.
- The annual strawberry harvest is coming to an end, and U-Pick operations are underway at some farms in eastern Hillsborough County. Gathering the luscious red berries is almost as enjoyable as eating them.
- The Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative has lots of activities for children and teens, ranging from daily story times to video games on a large screen to programming a robot. Check the events calendar for sessions at the library branch near you.
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Friday 5