Need Help With Your Income Taxes?
Hillsborough County Extension Service has appointments available on Thursday, April 6, and Tuesday, April 11, between 2 and 6:30 p.m. The free service is available to individuals and families whose Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is no more than $64,000. AGI does not include money contributed to tax-deductible retirement plans, or certain other adjustments.
IRS-certified volunteers can provide access to a self-guided tax preparation program, as well as one-on-one assistance. To schedule an appointment, contact Denise Kantak at (813) 744-5519 ext. 54141, or kantakd@HCFLGov.net. The Extension office is at 5339 County Road 579 in Seffner.
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
Help is available at several locations:
- Saturday, April 8 and 15 at 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 11 and 18 at 10 a.m., and Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 10 a.m. at the Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, 1906 Bloomingdale Ave. in Valrico
- Saturday, April 8 and 15 at 10 a.m., and Tuesday, April 11 at 4 p.m. at the 78th Street Community Library, 7625 Palm River Road in Tampa*
- Saturday, April 8 at 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 11 at 3 p.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 1 p.m. at the Town 'N Country Regional Public Library, 7606 Paula Drive, Ste. 120 in Tampa. By appointment only; call (813) 230-0566 for availability.*
- Monday, April 10 and 17 at 10 a.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 10 a.m. at the Seffner-Mango Branch Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- Monday, April 10 and 17 at 1 p.m. at the West Tampa Branch, 2312 W. Union St. in Tampa
- Tuesday, April 11 and 18 at 10 a.m. at the Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library, 3910 S. Manhattan Ave. in Tampa
- Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 11 a.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 11 a.m. at the Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 1 p.m. at Bruton Memorial Library, 302 W. McLendon St. in Plant City*
Presented in partnership with the Free Tax Preparation Program of Hillsborough County. Customers should bring all tax-related documents with them.
*The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make less than $54,000 (or higher in some communities), persons with disabilities, the elderly, and taxpayers who speak limited English who need assistance preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free, basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.