Posted April 12, 2017 | 5:07 PM
Need Help With Your Income Taxes?
There's Still Time at these Hillsborough County Locations
Procrastinators, take heart! There's still time to get free tax preparation help at several Hillsborough County locations before this year's filing deadline of April 18.
Hillsborough County Extension Service has appointments available on Thursday, April 6, and Tuesday, April 11, between 2 and 6:30 p.m. The free service is available to individuals and families whose Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is no more than $64,000. AGI does not include money contributed to tax-deductible retirement plans, or certain other adjustments.
IRS-certified volunteers can provide access to a self-guided tax preparation program, as well as one-on-one assistance. To schedule an appointment, contact Denise Kantak at (813) 744-5519 ext. 54141, or kantakd@HCFLGov.net. The Extension office is at 5339 County Road 579 in Seffner.
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
Help is available at several locations:
- Saturday, April 8 and 15 at 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 11 and 18 at 10 a.m., and Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 10 a.m. at the Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, 1906 Bloomingdale Ave. in Valrico
- Saturday, April 8 and 15 at 10 a.m., and Tuesday, April 11 at 4 p.m. at the 78th Street Community Library, 7625 Palm River Road in Tampa*
- Saturday, April 8 at 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 11 at 3 p.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 1 p.m. at the Town 'N Country Regional Public Library, 7606 Paula Drive, Ste. 120 in Tampa. By appointment only; call (813) 230-0566 for availability.*
- Monday, April 10 and 17 at 10 a.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 10 a.m. at the Seffner-Mango Branch Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- Monday, April 10 and 17 at 1 p.m. at the West Tampa Branch, 2312 W. Union St. in Tampa
- Tuesday, April 11 and 18 at 10 a.m. at the Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library, 3910 S. Manhattan Ave. in Tampa
- Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 11 a.m., and Friday, April 7 and 14 at 11 a.m. at the Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- Thursday, April 6 and 13 at 1 p.m. at Bruton Memorial Library, 302 W. McLendon St. in Plant City*
Presented in partnership with the Free Tax Preparation Program of Hillsborough County. Customers should bring all tax-related documents with them.
*The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make less than $54,000 (or higher in some communities), persons with disabilities, the elderly, and taxpayers who speak limited English who need assistance preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free, basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.