Things To Know
Posted September 19, 2016 | 4:49 PM
Warning Signs that Your Contractor May Not be Licensed
Here are 8 red flags when dealing with contractors
Unfortunately, not everyone who claims to be a contractor is legitimate. Here are 8 warning signs to look for to tell if the person you're dealing with is a licensed contractor.
- If they aren't willing to put a contract in writing
- If they ask you to obtain the permit
- If they request a large down payment before work begins, payment in cash, or that a check be made out in cash
- If they can't provide you with proof of insurance
- If they say they're licensed, but can't or won't provide a copy of the license
- If they don't display a license number on advertisements, business cards, vehicle, contracts, etc.
- If they're only willing to work at night and/or on weekends
- If they tell you a permit is not necessary. Call (813) 272-5600 or check our work exempt from permits to determine whether we require a permit
Still have doubts?Look Up A Contractor