Posted January 11, 2017 | 9:11 AM
County Offices Closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will continue on normal schedule
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Jan. 10, 2017) - Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 16, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday.
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will continue on a normal Monday schedule in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area. The service area includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities also will be open.
Hillsborough County facilities that will be CLOSED on Martin Luther King Jr. Day include:
- The administrative offices of County government, all libraries, recreation centers, skate parks, Head Start/Early Head Start centers, all service centers, senior centers, and nutrition sites.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center line, (813) 272-5900.
- The Pet Resource Center. A limited number of animal safety and enforcement officers will be on duty for emergencies only via the main number at (813) 744-5660.
- The Sunshine Line transportation service.
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers.
- The Public Utilities customer call center, and customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be directed to (813) 744-5600. The Water Quality Hotline at (813) 264-3835 is answered 24 hours a day.
The following Hillsborough County facilities will be OPEN on Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
See MLK Day Events
- All regional parks.
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest, and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities.