County Facilities Opening Thursday as Power is Restored
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Sept. 13, 2017) - Additional Hillsborough County offices and facilities will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 14, as power restoration continues. That includes the Plant City Courthouse, 301 N. Michigan Ave. in Plant City. However, some County facilities will still be closed.
The primary focus for Hillsborough County continues to be on public safety and disaster recovery in response to Hurricane Irma. Some day-to-day services may take a bit longer to process than usual.
Facilities still CLOSED on Thursday, Sept. 14, include:
Government Buildings and Services
- Progress Village Senior Center - 8802 Allamanda Ave. in Tampa
- Lutz Senior Center - 112 1st Ave. NW in Lutz
- Northlakes Senior Adult Day Care Center - 2640 N. Lakeview Drive in Tampa
- Sterling Heights Senior Nutrition Center - 11706 Williams Road in Thonotosassa
- Town N Country Senior Center - 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
- Seffner-Mango Branch Library - 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- Town 'N Country Regional Library - 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
- Seminole Heights Branch Library - 4711 N. Central Ave. in Tampa
- West Tampa Branch Library - 2312 W Union St. in Tampa
- Port Tampa - 4902 W. Commerce St. in Tampa
Parks and Recreation Centers
- All People's Life Center - 6105 E. Sligh Ave. in Tampa
- Bealsville Park- 5009 Nesmith Road in Plant City
- Turkey Creek Recreation Center- 5936 Connell Road in Plant City
- Keysville Park - 9390 Edison Road in Lithia
- Sterling Heights Park - 11706 Williams Road in Thonotosassa
- Kenly Park - 3101 N. 66th St. in Tampa
- Seffner Civic Center - 1212 S. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- Evans Park - 1104 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- All ELAPP preserves are closed, as well as all conservation parks (formerly called regional parks). That includes the Veterans Memorial Park and Museum.
Hillsborough County is working with TECO to restore power to these facilities, and will continue to assess the individual locations day by day.
Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center line, (813) 272-5900, will continue to assist residents 24 hours a day, until further notice.