Title VINo person shall, on the basis of his or her race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Hillsborough County’s Office of the County Administrator values diversity and welcomes input from all interested parties. Moreover, the County does not tolerate discrimination in any of its federally assisted programs, services or activities. The County of Hillsborough will not exclude participation in, deny the benefits of, or subject to discrimination anyone on the grounds of race, color, and national origin.
File a ComplaintAny person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination based upon race, color, and national origin, may file a complaint with the County’s Title VI Officer:
- Albert Coleman
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
County Center 21st Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
P: (813) 276-2637
F: (813) 276-2217
TTY or Relay number: 1-800-955-8771
Discrimination in Federally Assisted Program
Any individual who feels they have been discriminated against in any federally assisted program or service provided by Hillsborough County’s Office of the County Administrator because of his or her race, color, national origin, under the provisions of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, shall submit to the EEO Manager of the Equal Opportunity Administrator’s Office a signed written complaint which contains the following:
- A description of the alleged discrimination with the date of the occurrence.
- If you are filing on behalf of another person, include your name, address, telephone number, and your relation to that person.
- Include as much background information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination. Also, include the names of the individuals whom you allege discriminated against you.
- Name, address, and phone number of the complainant.
- The name and address of the Hillsborough County department or division that you believe discriminated against you.
- The name and telephone numbers of any persons that could be contacted for additional information to support or clarify your allegation.
Title VI OfficerThe Title VI Officer will respond to the complaint within 30 days and will take reasonable steps to resolve the matter. Should the county be unable to satisfactorily resolve the complaint, the Title VI Officer will forward the complaint, along with a record of its disposition, to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)’s Equal Opportunity Office, and the Statewide Title VI Coordinator. FDOT will assume jurisdiction over the complaint for continued processing.
Public AccommodationsHillsborough County will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability who wish to participate in public involvement or other events, with advance notification of 48 hours.
Questions, concerns, comments or requests for accommodation contact:
- Carmen LoBue
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
P: (813) 276-8401