In accordance with the requirements of title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), Hillsborough County will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation such as large print or an interpreter, should contact the Hillsborough County ADA Officer Carmen LoBue at 813-276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1. For individuals who require hearing or speech assistance, please call the Florida Relay Service Numbers, (800) 955-8771 (TDD) or (800) 955- 8700(v) or Dial 711 no later than 48 hours prior to the proceedings. All BOCC meetings are closed captioned.
What we do
Respond to complaints of discrimination on the basis of disability in the delivery of County programs, services, or activities to qualified individuals with disabilities under title II of the ADA. Employment discrimination complaints under the ADA should be forwarded to the Equal Employment Opportunity Division.
The ADA does not require Hillsborough County to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
Frequently requested services
- Report a Discrimination Complaint
- Report a Fair Housing Complaint
- Special Needs Disaster Assistance
- Adaptive Sports and Recreation
- Apply for Disability Back Door Trash Collection
- Get Financial Assistance with Home Repairs
- ADA Guide to Services | Guía ADA de servicios en español
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- 2010 Standards for Accessible Design Manual
- Transition & Action Plan Update
- Self-Evaluation Survey Report
- ADA Video Gallery
- ADA Grievance Procedure (AD-33)
- Disability Etiquette
- ADA National Network
- A Primer for Small Business
- A Guide for Local Government
- ADA Now - Service Animals
- Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, or activity of the County, should contact ADA Officer Carmen LoBue at 813-276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1) as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event. The ADA does not require the County to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
- Complaints that a program, service, or activity of the County is not accessible to persons with disabilities should be directed to the ADA Officer Carmen LoBue at 813-276-8401; TTY: 7-1-1.
- If you have suggestions or concerns related to the accessibility of any content on this website, or have ideas or comments that would help us improve the accessibility and usability of our website, please contact the Web Services section of the Communications and Digital Media department. If applicable, please include the web address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered.
Address: County Center, 21st floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.,
Tampa, FL 33602
ADA Officer: Carmen LoBue
Phone: (813) 276-8401
TTY Relay: 711