The purpose of the project is to address stormwater drainage issues on and around Tanglewood Lane in Town ‘N Country. The Public Works Department plans to construct a new drainage pipe to convey some of the area stormwater, currently discharging to Pepper Mound Creek, west under Memorial Highway into the existing drainage system to Woods Creek. Approximately 2,100 feet of new 60-inch stormwater pipeline would be installed along Tanglewood Lane and Civic Road, from Halifax Drive to the Memorial Highway Access Road.
The work is part of the Lower Sweetwater Creek Master Plan implementation, a long-term program to improve stormwater conditions in the basin.
What to Expect
- Construction will generally take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Construction crossing Memorial Highway will take place overnight
- Traffic lane closures will be necessary on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Residents may experience temporary limited access to driveways, but access for emergency vehicles will be maintained throughout construction
- Most construction will be in the right of way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval
- All areas affected by the construction will be restored
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem
- Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued
Cost & Funding
The project cost is $2.1 million. This project is being funded through the Stormwater Fee Capital Improvement Program. The Southwest Florida Water Management District is cooperatively funding this project at 50 percent.
Construction is expected to begin in Spring 2017 and should be completed by February 2018.
- Design Project Manager: Robert Wiseman, P.E., Hillsborough County Public Works
- For more information on this project, contact Public Works at (813) 635-5400 or through the At Your Service system
- Project Map
- Public Input: The County welcomes input from the public on this project
An open house informational meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, at the Bay Crest Elementary, 4925 Webb Road in Tampa.