Hillsborough County Public Works is planning a project to improve stormwater drainage on and around Greenhills Drive in Valrico.
The project will replace and upgrade the Greenhills Drive drainage pump station, construct a new 2-acre retention pond at the corner of South Valrico Road and Lithia-Pinecrest Road, connect the Golf Heights Circle pump station to the new pond, and create an outfall from the pond to the existing drainage system at South Valrico Road.
What to Expect During Construction:
- Construction will generally take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise.
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary. For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures.
- Most construction will be in the right of way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval. All areas affected by the construction will be restored.
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem. Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued.
Project Cost & Funding:
The $1 million project is being funded through the Stormwater Fee Capital Improvement Program.
- Construction is expected to be completed within in October 2017.
- Project Manager - David Vogel, P.E., Public Works Department, (813) 307-1792
- Construction Company - Bun Construction Company, Inc., (813) 931-8270
- After Hours Emergencies - (813) 272-5972
- Public Input: The County welcomes input from the public on this project
- Public meeting Sept. 21, 2016