The purpose of Phase I of the project is to alleviate flooding on Travis Boulevard and Walton Way in the East Lake Park community. Phase II of the project will upgrade and add stormwater inlets along southbound Harney Road and at the intersection of Travis Boulevard and Walton Way. The stormwater system will be connected to the existing outfall pipe to East Lake.
What to Expect
- Construction will take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to homes will be maintained throughout construction
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary
- For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- All construction will be within the public right of way, easements and temporary construction easements
- All areas affected by the construction will be restored
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem
- Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued by Hillsborough County and service will be restored as quickly as possible
Cost & Funding
The total project cost is $940,000. This project is being funded through the Stormwater Fee Capital Improvement Program.
- June 12, 2017 - open house informational meeting
- Phase I - expected to begin construction in Fall 2018 and should be completed within four months
- Phase II - expected to begin construction in Winter 2019 and should be completed within six months
- Project Manager – Robert Wisemen, Hillsborough County Public Works
- For more information on this project, contact Public Works at (813) 635-5400 or through the At Your Service system