The purpose of the proposed stormwater improvement project is to alleviate flooding on a section of Crawley Road in the Odessa area. The project will construct a new stormwater detention area on County-owned property located at the northeast corner of Crawley and Hanlon roads. The project will also regrade the existing roadside ditches and replace the culvert crossings under a section of Crawley Road.
What to expect
- Construction will take place on weekdays between 8 AM to 5 PM
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to homes will be maintained throughout construction.
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary
- For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- Most construction will be in the right of way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval
- All areas affected by the construction will be restored
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem
- Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued and service will be restored as quickly as possible
Cost & funding
The project cost is $680,000. This project is being funded through the Stormwater Fee Capital Improvement Program.
- March 28, 2018 - open house informational meeting
- May 2018 – project expected to begin construction and should be completed within six months
- Project Manager – Nicole Turner, Hillsborough County Public Works, (813) 635-5400