The Kings Point Valve Installation & Replacement Project will replace old, failing valves and install several new valves at strategic locations throughout the Kings Point community. The project will save time, money and water. With new valves in place, crews will be able to efficiently isolate and repair problems with minimal water loss and minimal time wasted.
What to Expect
- Construction will generally take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Maintaining access to homes will be a priority.
- Construction will be localized; only small areas will be disturbed. Construction will occur in or near the roadway, behind homes and in between homes.
- Residents should expect some temporary road or lane closures. All detours and closures will be clearly marked and flagmen will help direct traffic, if necessary.
- Multiple crews will be working simultaneously. It should only take one day to replace each valve, with final restoration to follow.
- Any grassy areas disturbed by construction will be restored to their pre-construction conditions within days. Paved areas disturbed by construction will be temporarily restored to drivable condition, then new pavement will be placed approximately two or three weeks later.
- Possible Service Interruptions During construction, it may be necessary to interrupt water service for short periods of time (less than 6 hours). The contractor will provide advance notice of any outage so residents can plan accordingly. Certain areas will be advised to boil water used for drinking or cooking for about three days following the service outage. Residents will be notified in advance of the need to boil water and will be notified once water quality has been confirmed and the system has been cleared for normal use.
Cost & Funding
The Kings Point Valve Installation & Replacement Project has been approved by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners in the 2015 Capital Improvement Program. The project cost $2 million and is being funded by the Public Utilities Department.
The Kings Point Valve Installation & Replacement Project will take approximately eleven months to design, six months to procure and award a construction contract and seven months to complete construction. Surveying & Utilities Location Spring/Summer 2016 Begin Valve Replacement & Installation Summer 2017 Final Restoration & Project Completion Spring 2018
- Project Manager - Flint Seth, Project Manager, Hillsborough County Public Utilities Department, 813-964-2708
- After Hours Emergencies - Hillsborough County Public Utilities Department, (813) 744-5600