The project includes design and construction of a new facility that will replace Hillsborough County’s Fire Rescue headquarters and Emergency Operations Center, currently located on Hanna Avenue in Tampa. Located at 9450 E. Columbus Drive in the Brandon area, the 52,000-square-foot main building will house Fire Rescue’s administrative staff and training center, Emergency Dispatch, and the Office of Emergency Management. The building will be the center of County government’s functions to monitor, prepare and respond to emergencies and public safety incidents. Also to be constructed on the site are a 10,000-square-foot fleet operations area for Fire Rescue, and a 15,500-square-foot warehouse.
What to Expect
Existing Fire Rescue services will remain in operation during the completion of the new station. Personnel, equipment and apparatus have been moved to temporary quarters on site.
Cost & Funding
Construction costs for the complex are approximately $36.1 million. Funding is through General Revenue and Public Safety Improvement Bond Project Funds.
- Design Completion, Site Preparation and Groundbreaking - April 2015
- Substantial Completion - October 2016
- Final Completion - December 2016
- Project Manager - Bill Hand, Real Estate and Facilities Services, (813) 307-1034
- Roberto Crespi, Real Estate and Facilities Services, (813) 307-1033
- Design Build Contractor - Clark Construction Group, LLC, (813) 636-4422