This Board hears appeals of decisions of the Land Use Hearing Officer on special use permits and variances from zoning regulations.
The membership of this Board will be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of seven members and two alternate members. Composition is specified as follows:
- 1 Attorney with at least five years of experience, shall be an attorney practicing in Hillsborough County who shall have been admitted to the Florida Bar for not less than five years
- 1 Landscape architect or architect, registered to practice in the state of Florida
- 1 Business owner or operator in unincorporated Hillsborough County
- 1 Professional planner with not less than three years of experience in land use planning or zoning in Hillsborough County
- 1 Civil or environmental engineer registered to practice in the state of Florida
- 1 Member of a civic or neighborhood organization in unincorporated Hillsborough County
- 1 Developer active in development in Hillsborough County or a duly licensed general contractor (Class A) active in business in Hillsborough County
Members shall serve three year terms.
The Land Development Code was amended to remove term limits for the members of this Board to take effect April 17, 2013.
- Annual financial disclosure is required
- Unincorporated residency is required
Hillsborough County Land Development Code
Monthly, 1st Friday, 1:30 p.m., as needed
2nd Floor, County Center
601 E. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602
Sonia O. Rodriguez
Manager, Citizen Boards Support
Code Enforcement Department
3629 Queen Palm Dr.
Tampa, FL 33619
Phone: (813) 272-7181
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Wilhelmina Curtis||Attorney||02/01/2017-
|Ms. Liza Grudin||Business Person||07/20/2016 -
|Mr. Richard Harrison||Attorney||04/05/2006-
|Mr. Virgil Keller||Alternate||02/01/2017-
|Ms. Bonnie Rubesha||Professional Planner||09/18/2013-
|Mr. Lawrence Smith||Engineer||05/01/2013-
|Mr. Thomas Walsh||Developer||07/20/2016 -
|Mr. Jermaine White