These Special Magistrates have jurisdiction to hear violations of all codes and ordinances of Hillsborough County with most cases arising out of violations of the County's housing, building, zoning and sign codes and ordinances to maintain minimum health and safety standards, burglar false alarm ordinance and natural resources regulations, the water restriction ordinance, and red light camera appeals.
The Special Magistrates shall be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and shall be comprised of four Magistrates. Whenever possible, Magistrates should represent the following categories:
- General Contractor
- Law, Codes, Enforcement, Construction and Land Use
- Water Resource Ordinances
- Burglar False Alarm Ordinances and Land Development Program
- Zoning Signs and Minimum Standards Ordinances
Special Magistrates shall serve three year terms. After two consecutive terms, a Magistrate shall not be eligible for reappointment until one calendar year has elapsed from date of termination of the second term.
Annual financial disclosure is required.
Unincorporated residency is required.
Chapter 162, F.S. and HC Code of Ordinances and Laws, Chapter 14, Article II, Section 14.
- Community Codes - Monthly, generally 2nd Monday, 9:00 a.m.
- Red Light Cameras - Monthly, generally 1st Thursday, 9:00 a.m.
- Burglar False Alarms, Water Resources, and Natural Resources Regulations - Monthly, generally 1st Monday, 9:00 a.m.
Sonia O. Rodriguez
Manager, Citizen Boards Support
10119 Windhorst Rd.
Tampa, FL 33619
Phone: (813) 272-7181
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Mr. Anthony Bordonaro||10/18/2017 -
|Mr. Christopher Brown||12/03/2014 -
|Dr. Thomas Santarlas||12/03/2014 -
|Mr. Roger Verszyla||12/03/2014 -