Impact fees are charges assessed for the impact that is created by new development to Hillsborough County parks, schools, and fire systems. Transportation/ROW Impact Fees have been replaced by a Mobility Fee.
New residential development pays three impact fees, plus a mobility fee, because they utilize all of these services. Non-residential development pays only the fire impact fee and the mobility fee, because it does not directly impact schools or parks. Additional information is available in the consolidated impact fee ordinance and on the mobility fee page.
Impact fee schedules
Impact fee zone maps
To estimate Utility flows, Impact & Accrued Guarantee Revenue fees, inquire on the Impact Fee Payment method options for a project:
- Current impact fees, commercial flows, deposit and meter installation rates:
- To estimate Impact Fees for a project:
- For more information please e-mail the Public Utilities Department at email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject: Impact and Connection Fee Question
- Account Number (if you have service and are converting from well or septic)
- Address /Folio Number/Legal Description of parcel
- Daytime Contact Name and Telephone Number
- Name of Project and Service Request #, if applicable
- Specific Question (e.g. flow calculations, impact fees, payment options)
- Staff will respond within five business days or contact you to obtain additional information.
- Mobility Fee Calculator - Residential Only
Utility impact fee election forms
- To apply for the Utility Impact Fee Assessment Program: Impact Fee Assessment Unit Program Application
- To complete and submit the required Acknowledgement and Election form for your new project: Acknowledgement and Election Form
Check for impact credits
If you have credits, you can check to see how much you have in your impact fee offset account.
For more information on impact fees, call Public Works at (813) 635-5400.